I found out about Hadar Manor through London Underground Tube Diary. It's a great video showing you what it's like on the Tube!
The station names on London transport are intriguing. There are cute ones like Swiss Cottage, Angel, Elephant & Castle, Mudchute, Strawberry Hill, Tooting Bec and Barking. And I've had a giggle at Arsenal, Cockfosters, Crouch End and Bushey. Mature I know!
Also found this great wee project through Meet Me at Mike's. Slinkachu's work gives me the giggles. Though personally I would not want to touch the snails.
I am still waiting for the green light to start work. So apart from spending a lot of bonding time with my notebook, I have made myself an appointment to register with the local GP (I have to see them in person on Wednesday complete with wee sample!! Anyone have hints on the practicality of collecting one? Oh boy the indignity) then explored and joined two of the local libraries. I discovered the one closest to me - 5min walk- is actually very cute, small and friendly. Unfortunately my council's libraries don't seem to have many books compared to Christchurch's lovely facilities, but oh well a library is a library.
Last Monday I went to Liverpool St and got my third MMR immunisation in my lifetime. It's just become a necessity as a healthcare worker to be immune to all three diseases and unfortunately the mumps vaccine just didn't stick from when I was 12. The Dr told me it would be painless (inwardly I rolled my eyes), but to my surprise it was! Very impressed.
I am investigating London markets (Spitalfields and the ones wee birdy blogged about) and also dance studios, but will probably wait til my first pay to go and explore just in case I'm tempted. I also wanna go to Ryantown.
1 comment:
i love your papercut for your window treatment, it is absolutely wonderful!! it is nice having some time off before you start your job eh. it's a holiday with a steady job at the end of the tunnel.
:)
and yikes about all those mmr shots. gee whiz you would have thought at least one of those shots stuck around.
:)
Post a Comment