Thursday, 3 July 2008

Down to Business


Clare and Joel near London Bridge. I met them after they finished work to say hi after my holiday.

Hi Folks! I am back in wonderful wet London, at the locum agency now trying to hunt down a flat and job. Lived in a hostel in New Cross last night, and helped out a Christchurch girl just arrived from India to set herself up this morning with bearings, Oystercard, Boots the pharmacy and mobile phone. Got to pass on the torch. Moving into Hilary's flat tonight and helping her pack up to move again on Sunday. She's housesitting so I'll be there on the sly for a few days until I find somewhere more permanent. Please cross your fingers and toes for me!

Love Char

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

am crossing fingers and toes for ya!
what is rent like in london?
i'm scared!

charinthecity said...

Basically I'm hoping to find something under GBP100 per week. So far, seen two houses and three rooms. They are pretty OK but hanging out to see if I can do a bit better!