
Yay! Victoria posted a picture of us three girls in Nice. So here I am with Victoria (left)and Paula (right) after eating socca -chickpea bread specialty of Nice, and about to dig into dessert, tarte aux pommes, and before Paula got hit on by a shy French banker. It was soooo hot that night.
Char, how's your Hump Day?
hump day [huhmp-dey]
The middle of a work week (Wednesday); used in the context of climbing a proverbial hill to get through a tough week.
You know, it doesn't have to be that way. Not when you love your job and every day is exciting, challenging and satisfying.
Put your shoulders back, take a deep breath and reclaim your Wednesdays. You can climb to the top.
My locum agency is a bit cutesy and sends me messages like these... I know it's Thursday now (Friday in NZ) but I love the cheeky expression 'hump day'. Richard, my agent called me this morning and gave me the number of a local hospital. They need someone ASAP to work in the acute wards, so my waiting for the CRB was the only sticking point. Otherwise perfect. Good to know jobs are out there.
Yesterday I had a wet journey to Wood Green to buy an A2 piece of paper to make a large papercut to use as a window screen. My room looks out onto the back door of another flat full of European boys who smoke on the balcony. So it's a good idea to have a screen in case I'm not decent! Also managed to pick up my £9 side table/bookshelf from my new favourite shop, Wilkinsons. Basically it's a cheap place to kit out a house. Had to put it together Ikea-style - yay for Allen keys- but it looks great and my room really looks homely now. Yep, I am filling in my final days and ready and willing to go to work!
Mum is fantastic, I asked her for my recipe book and a painting I did for Clare and she found them and photo'ed them. See Clare, the painting does exist... I did this while living in the hostel last year, based on one of her masterpieces(lower pic). I wanted to try out using Pre-Raphaelite colours, as we are both fans of Waterhouse. She is going to do a new piece for my London room too! Yay!!! Happy happy.

Also thinking about the Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop in alpine white. I crave being able to e-mail and browse internet in my room whenever I like, and download and edit my photos! Would love to post up pics of London.
7 comments:
ooo photos!!!
dells are cheaper eh? but from previous experiences, dell lappies are troublesome, esp now if you get it with vista.
but if emailing and internet is all you're going to do, thats probably not bad.
macs rulz with no anti virus updates etc. it's actually not that much more, you can get it in the states for 800usd. it's just less of a headache and its a long term investment. (i've had mine for 4 years and counting and it's excellent!)
i also agree with you about if you enjoy your work, you wouldn't think of it as such a giant hill although weekends are niiiiice
:)
Heya,
I knew you were an apple fan, I might be changing my mind with more of my friends starting to convert to Apple recently. It is NZ$700 more for a basic apple over here! £429 for a Dell conpared to Macbook £699. So I am going to have a bit to think about... thanks for the info tiff
There's Mondayitis and then Hump Day. That leaves 5 more days to name ;).
There is also TGIF and Sunday Sunday!
Oh wow!! even from the tiny photo you can see...your version of Mermaid pic looks stunning!! I would love to see it for real...)-:
You are thinking of buying apple computer??! in ENGLAND??! Woa, it'll cost you! probably cheaper to buy it off net from U.S...they are really lovely design comp though..
Char,
I am a convert to Mac, courtesy of Tiff. No pop-ups, no phsishy business. You should consider that for the long run. Maybe, eat more fish n chips for a few months?
I bought an HP today. Very happy! Maybe Mac in a few years time. Thanks everyone for the advice and support
Post a Comment