I like the British pubs named for animals, like the Bear in Crickhowell, and the Hare in Hackney. I bought some ricotta cheese by mistake instead of haloumi, to go in my salad this week from the Turkish greengrocers. Does anyone know what to do with ricotta that's simple and yummy, apart from cheesecake please?
Thursday, 11 September 2008
A Hare, and Help please!
I like the British pubs named for animals, like the Bear in Crickhowell, and the Hare in Hackney. I bought some ricotta cheese by mistake instead of haloumi, to go in my salad this week from the Turkish greengrocers. Does anyone know what to do with ricotta that's simple and yummy, apart from cheesecake please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have a vegetarian cannelloni recipe which uses ricotta and two other types of cheeses. Altho vegetarian, this is absolutely delish!! and tastes like something you'd get from a top class restaurant where you'd have to pay heaps. Takes a bit of work though and quite rich so you wouldn't want to eat too much.
I think I ate that once, it has spinach in it right? hhhmmm, maybe I can make a simplified version this weekend. Good idea!
you can make maniicottis with them!
google ina garten ( she has a recipe for ricotta dessert ) and Giada Delaurentiis. They have great recipes!
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I might actually have to get more ricotta to try them out.
Post a Comment