Thursday, 25 September 2008

Sart and Art


I regularly look at the Sartorialist's site out of curiousity to see what Scott has his eye on in Europe and in the US. Usually I like his picks, but they aren't anything I could wear. But today I think this one would be a nice autumn outfit. Wish I could handle killer boots like that! She is so cute and the look looks effortless.

Each winter, I think I can pull off a winter hat. But I hate hat hair and static so I hardly wear them after I make or buy them. An exception being the 'Helga hat' Mum made for me from a design I sketched. I love the design to bits, it's a crocheted hat with Princess Leia buns and plaits that make it look very Viking. Ah... I have to learn to crochet.

Snuggling under my new winter duvet. I went late night shopping after work and finally picked up the feather duvet I've been coveting and now I'm toasty warm. Almost the end of the working week! I am having a tortured relationship with my locum agency. They act all friendly and helpful but they lose your paperwork and try to pull the wool over your eyes and awful stuff like that. Rrrrrrrrr.

Here's a cute London artist - watch her clip 'My First Crush' on YouTube, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Char, I think you will look good in this kind of outfit. You have long legs and certainly will carry those tights and boots well. Go for it~!~
Comfort gives people confidence, I always say.

charinthecity said...

Thanks for your kind comment. I think I will give the tights and boots thing a go this year at least, if not the hat too!