Sunday, 21 September 2008

Walker in the Weekend



It was another stunningly beautiful day in the capital today, and Clare and I finally managed to make to to London Bridge to see the Tim Walker exhibition at the Design Museum before it closed. We're both recovering from colds so life has been a bit sedate these last few days.



Tower Bridge was looking pretty in the sun.



I like the Lavazza ads in the Tube at the moment. Here's a new one. The mood for the weekend was set with this window display in Selfridges. I saw this on Oxford St on Saturday while hunting out some basic work clothes. I've also been watching Project Runway Season 5 on Youtube thanks to Pip! Spending extra time in bed was not wholly a bad thing as I also figured out how to get Adobe Photoshop on my computer and also uploaded some lovely new fonts (hence the new header). Also, congratulations to cousin Tiffany on her new Etsy store, Muntedkowhai which sells pretty crochet necklaces.



Here's Clare at Southwark Cathedral with a neat sculpture. I like her outfit today!



Here I am with one of my favourite Tim Walker pictures.



A giant camera for Clare's Dad...



Tim Walker's pictures are so wonderfully British. Anushka of Magic Fingers did a lovely job of journalling and sketching her visit to the exhibition... I just had some fun with the giant props and gawping at everything this time. I felt a bit funny taking photos of photos but I was in good company. One girl had a manual camera and I was a bit surprised, it's not so common these days - strange aye! I think I will save up and buy the book 'I Love Pictures' for my future (who knows when, but it's good to dream) house. The copy I picked up from the library in NZ had a different cover though... it featured the red mini in the woods, which I prefer. Postcards don't do justice to the photos. Walker's images are touchingly evocative and nostalgic, yet quirky and fresh.
















PS: just for you! Found this on the return journey just before the train came. It reads 'leave the cleavage to the ladies'. Have a great week! I'll sign off here and catch some sleep so I'll be fresh for Monday back at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I LOVE those dress lanterns! What a neat prop to have for a garden party!~