Tuesday, 16 September 2008

No Nigella


I'm definitely no Nigella Lawson, and there is absolutely no attempt styling in this picture at all (note the dishing spoon) - but the cannelloni was very yummy. Thanks for all the ricotta suggestions! In the end, I had fresh spinach, basil, and leftover tomato paste, so I decided to do a quick imitation of Mum's recipe. Basically, the filling is a chopped clove of garlic, fresh basil leaves, baby spinach, ricotta, parmesan, an egg, pine nuts. I precooked the pasta because I do not like undercooked pasta even if the pack says you don't need to precook. Topped with a can of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, and a basic white sauce on top of that. Like Gordon says, DONE. Olga helped me with some, and the rest has been put into freezer containers for some days when I don't feel like cooking.

I am really looking forward to going to the Design Museum's late night on Friday, and seeing the Tim Walker exhibition on his home turf!

3 comments:

linnykins said...

I don't think that you want to cook like Nigella. Remember how she used to sample everything and not wash her hands afterwards?!

charinthecity said...

Eeewww!!! hahaha

Tiffany said...

mmm that looks so good and the greatest part is of course the freezing bit for days when you just don't want to lift a finger!!