(Thanks for the new blog header, Clare!)
It's been a brilliant few days... on Saturday I wandered through the park and saw Buckingham Palace, Green Park, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey. I didn't go in and see anything in depth but just enjoyed a sunny, hot day in London and picnic by the Thames. In the evening I met Clare and her friends Nicky, Masako, Zoe and Becky for Nicky's birthday karaoke session. He mastered both the English and the Japanese pop songs! Just after midnight Clare, Masako and I caught the night bus back and Clare stayed over on the new guestbed we invested in between us since it was too late to walk alone home.
Sunday was a stormy day, listening to music and just enjoying relaxing with the thunder overhead and the rain coming down. Oh, and we had a oven-cooked Southern fried chicken and wedge fest then pigged out on watermelon. Also watched the Storyteller on Youtube - this show used to give me horrible nightmares as a child! The blankets were pulled up over my head.
Work today was easy, the people are friendly and the workload is simple - so far, just two patients to myself and they're lovely. I was caught at Edgeware Road on the commute home because there was a burst pipe so no trains were heading eastwards and had to catch a bus to Kings Cross instead. Even though coming home eventually took me 1 1/2 hours, it was a novelty riding through Westminster and even seeing the magnificent British Library. Sometimes I pinch myself I'm really here.
...Alix has just said that her sister and her boyfriend (both from Paris) are staying with us this weekend; he plays the cello professionally and must practice for at least an hour each day, do Olga and I mind? I am quite excited!
Monday, 1 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kings Cross! Platform 9 3/4. Hahahaa
geek, neese! Haha, I should take a picture for you...
You know you love me ;)
And I'm not the one who posted up the next movie trailer on the other blog.
i'm glad you guys still have the nice summer weather, we've fallen right into fall.
so work is good?!
i like those windy rainy days spent indoors with nothing on the agenda
:)
What a treat! You'll have to let us know how good he is:)
Post a Comment