Friday, 20 August 2010

Scarborough



Here is beautiful Scarborough, one of the first English seaside resort towns. Having come on our trip in the school summer holidays, we couldn't easily find accommodation in Whitby and found a place to stay here, instead. I'm glad we did - it was lovely! There were lots of hen and stag parties on the main promenade, but climbing onto the hill we found some quieter, more romantic places to walk.



Scarborough Castle, situated between the two bays.



An atmospheric church, which happens to be the burial place of Anne Bronte.



We wandered into town again, and I didn't know what I wanted for dinner... I declined fish and chips a few times and then Dave spotted a bustling Indian restaurant called Tikka Tikka. I had one of the yummiest Indian meals ever, called something like Bazaar Crab. Big recommendation from us both.



Our view from the hotel room - there was always a seagull perched on that particular chimney, day or night!

1 comment:

bluerose said...

so... this is the REAL Scarborough! Fantastic photos as usual, especially the first 3. Bazaar crabs - I want some!! ;).

next stop?