Wednesday, 27 August 2008

The End of Home Detention is in Sight!


Mum sent me an e-mail this morning saying there was a Royal Mail envelope at home with 'Strictly Confidential' marked on it. It was my CRB - I'm cleared to work in the UK's hospitals! My locum agent rang to confirm it was all done, unfortunately my job got pulled as they had wanted me more than a month back. He thinks he can find me a job starting Monday though, so I am now more happy waiting at home for job calls as the end of unemployment is within sight. You have no idea how relieved I am! (Or maybe you do as you've all been supportive of me all these months! ^0^ Thank you).

I really want to start earning some £ towards a dream holiday next year, June. Cycling in the Loire Valley from storybook chateau to chateau, sampling the food and wine....ah, bliss.

Maybe London is getting a bit friendlier as I'm getting used to the city. I chatted to a sales clerk today after he remarked on my bank card (an NZ National Bank one with the famous rearing black horse). He noticed it wasn't the Lloyds TSB famous rearing black horse, but it looked much the same. I explained I was from NZ...etc.


Here are a few pics of my home improvements as requested. My room is not ideal for photos as it is dark (great for sleeping and lounging though!) and London is overcast, so please pardon the quality. I tried to grow mint plants on my windowsill as they are supposed to like shade, but I've put them in the kitchen as I think I could be arrested for cruelty to plants otherwise.

I had fun trying to be creative with op-shop finds, my favourite are the two frames which I painted white, and the Alice in Wonderland cake soap (I can't host children here as they might take up the offer to eat the cake soap and drink the room perfume). I found the Mackintosh mug with the red roses today while scouting out some crockery for Clare. Mission successful.

Dai the Grogg says hi. You can tell he's a Welsh sheep by his long tail and that 'stupid, fearless look on his face'! At least here he can't sit in front of approaching cars.

3 comments:

moondancer33 said...

Speaking of cards - I watched the business news this morning and they talked about NZ credit cards getting duplicated in the UK when you use it at ATM machines. Some banks cancelled cards they think are risky. Mine got duplicated when I shopped in M'sia.

Thanks for the pics. They help to give a visual idea of what your world is like ;). Hope you'll get a good job on Monday and start loading up on pounds (not fat, as I've said, lol). Nice chatting last night. Caught you eventhough you were hiding, hehe.

pen said...

it will soon be 'char out and about in the city and the world'
cycling sounds wonderful (even though I'm never allowed back on a bike after the last time)
hope you get a great job, big bucks and nice people to work with.

Tiffany said...

ooo i've said it once but i'll say it again, your cuttings are so beautiful! i think they are absolutely adorable. i imagine a wall of subdued red with white frames and different coloured backgrounds with your white paper cuttings on them. that would be spectacular! ooo i want my own house and then i can be your patron!
i wil immune myself to this button fever by looking at my bank account, those tiny babies cost a bit and they add up!
actually i remember an awkward first date back in college where we ended up with scars. i fell of a sofa that was put up on wooden planks and cut my wrist open on the corner of the plank and he jumped down to help me but cut his nose. we went to our salsa dancing class the next day all bandaged up. we're still friends though!