Monday, 4 August 2008

Bloom


Fooling around with my new supplies... another papercut. My flat can be pretty shady so I am still figuring out how to photo artwork. Any hints would be very welcome!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

that's another beautiful paper cut!!
do you frame those up char? you could totally sell them!
as for light, i find it best not to photograph in direct sunlight as it causes shadows, it is best to photograph to the side of where the sunshine is coming in from. or you could do what my friend does, she builds a light box, which is a simple cardboard box with no top and missing one of its side with a lamp to mimic indirect sunlight.
:)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Char , you have a talent! Are you going to put them out there to sell? I find that taking items outside in the open air away from direct sunlight also helps in giving a nice picture. You can find so many interesting background once you're outside.

charinthecity said...

Thanks for the great hints, you're pros! Will definitely try outside maybe at my friend's flat, but there is no outside to speak of here, so Tiff's lightbox/angle idea might work. I'd love to sell these but I guess I have to produce more and figure out all the work like Tiff's doing at the moment. Aunt CY, you should definitely etsy your paintings too - they have great appeal.

moondancer33 said...

Great idea, Tiff and CY! I'll try those myself some time.