Thursday, 24 April 2008

Apples & Pears


I have been busy with the knitting needles making a pair of fingerless gloves, very warm and toasty. These are made from a book called 'Knitting Loves Crochet', unfortunately I'm not blessed with crochet skills so I adapted them to friendlier knitting.

Here are the apples and pears from the garden. I'm going to prepare them for stewing, and serve them up with custard. The feijoas are ripening too, they are strewn on the driveway and we have to avoid them when driving out.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

yay for fingerless gloves! i wanna learn knitting.
that is so funny the colour of your yarn is the same as the one i am doing now!
it is a lovely colour.
and i like the wee beads on it?
ps i love akaroa, the last time i went with aaron, we went on the dolphin sightseeing boat and had beer on the deck and it was so sunny but i forgot my camera!

charinthecity said...

That's so cool, we have good taste huh? I did copy your idea on the fingerless gloves, it's COLD here!! If we could combine our skills we'd be a super craft machine. Are you making another pair of gloves?