Wednesday, 9 April 2008

More Melbourne Diary


Luna Park was busy on Friday, there were a few school groups. I couldn't resist a cake from Acland St Cake Shop while I was in St Kilda.


The model Tudor village in the Fitzroy Gardens.

Temple of the Four Winds. It looks a bit like the one in the Christchurch Botanical Gardens.

Ola Cohn's Fairy Tree - lots of amzing little details and native Australian animals.





A possum and a koala.


Conservatory - you need a permit to take wedding photos here!

Cook's cottage. It's tiny, but has its own postbox.


Sinclair's cottage. This one's not open to the public.

There were high winds on the day I flew into Melbourne - I didn't know about it until I saw this.

A pretty cathedral I walked past on Sunday. Mass was being sung, just gorgeous.





Beautiful Autumn in the park.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

i love the tree details! super cute.
i know i'll have to get my arse over to england to visit you when you're there.
imagine all the artsy mischief we'd get up to!
do you like cam whoring as much as i do?
i do that alot on my travels so..
:)
i'm sure i can convert you if you're not.
we can go graffiti hunting, tea sampling, tapas eating, beer and wine sipping, people meetin kinda fun!

charinthecity said...

I'm a bit camera shy but I think I'd get over it if you fed me enough dark chocolate! Well, why not come to the Guinness brewery and have tapas in the land that invented them, and join the British tea drinkers, see Banksy works and ham it up in France and Italy, etc etc? Hopefully I'm convincing you... I've had a look at some Contiki tours but I reckon it'd be more fun to travel with a companion, you understand the need to see lots of artsy stuff and trawl over the cities.