Friday, 2 May 2008

Yes, I'm still waiting in NZ...


I am getting a bit anxious now, on the lookout for courier vans and anything that comes by the letterbox. My passport and visa are due, but if they aren't here on Monday I'll have to change my flight. On the good side of things, my Eurail ticket for France, Italy and Spain has arrived and a rough journey has been plotted on the map.

In the meantime, I've been doing some cleaning up of my hoarded things. It's amazing what's been unearthed - old letters, poems, notes from high school slipped under the table, childhood collections -stickers, badges, semiprecious stones and treasures, heaps of art materials.
I finally recycled my old university notes and made peace with the fact I will never re-read my old Biochem and Philosophy notes and essays for fun.

Please don't kill me Clare, but I still love this drawing you did in class in high school! I asked her to draw me a date for the winter formal. It always was a hard choice.



------>Postnote: I'm not leaving today... passport still hasn't come back so my flight has been postponed. Watch this space!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh the anxiety!!!!!
hope you get passport+visa asap babe!
i can't wait to hear of your travel stories.
:)

charinthecity said...

Thank you! I'm so anxious... my life's on hold & my agency keeps sending me details of juicy jobs if only I was there!