Dave had the wonderful idea of going to Cambridge for the weekend and visiting our friends Chris and Sarah, so I was very lucky to get a personal tour of the famous English university town. Cambridge is lovely in the Springtime, it's just beginning to get busy with punting happening down the river Cam and perfect weather to walk around the Colleges. This view of King's College was particularly impressive to me, especially having watched quite a few Merchant Ivory films!
This is Cambridge's own Bridge of Sighs.
Spring!
We were lucky enough to come on a Graduation Day. Many students purchase a gown to wear as undergraduates, and Cambridge graduates don't wear mortarboards or get 'bagpiped' down the main street as they do in my university. Their surroundings are so elegant though!

Lots of boats at Scudamore's Boatyard.
Here are the boys...
Chris and Sarah enjoying the view. Everyone was well-practised at punting, I was kindly excused (Clare knows my terrible history of rowing, I tend to row the boat into the banks!), but I enjoyed being a passenger very much. It was bliss to sit in the sunshine and float down the river, past local wildlife. We just had to avert our eyes passing the local nudist colony (no kidding!) who were also enjoying the warm weather! Here are some more typical Cambridge sights.
1 comment:
lovely pic of you and the daffodils
Post a Comment