Monday, 22 August 2011

Bramble Ramble





We came across an unexpectedly beautiful walk when we found our way from Eltham Palace to Mottingham Station. There were hidden meadows with grazing horses, wildflowers growing taller than me, and some early blackberries hanging sweet and juicy from the brambles ripe for eating. I've seen more foxes this month than in the whole time I've lived in Britain and all during the day. Once, a fox running across the field from the hot air balloon; the second time a fox watching the tube from the side of the railway, the third time a magical encounter seeing a fox in the garden while talking to my sister-in-law - we stopped chatting and marvelled at how beautiful it was. And the fourth time, I spied a fox sleeping on top of a pallet of bricks while on the train to London.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess spotting a fox in England for you is like spotting a raccoon for us in the US here.

Tiffany said...

how wonderful. looks like a beautiful summer weekend. love the berries!

charinthecity said...

I loved seeing the raccoons in Central Park - especially the way they have with washing their food!

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT I haven't seen! How do they wash their food? I never knew they were such hygienic critters.

charinthecity said...

Just for you, Aunt CY!

http://charsinthecity.blogspot.com/2009/09/raccoons.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWJCvqp6nM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hnqsucH-c