
Dave is the 'duty pilot' at the gliding club today, so I had to find my own entertainment... I went to the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green. It was one of those lesser-known intriguing little museums that I've glimpsed while traveling on the way to somewhere else in London. It was fun to see some familiar faces (Paddington Bear, Sooty, Sweep and Sue), as well as the 'Make Do and Mend' exhibition.
When I was little, I loved playing in tree houses with my sisters best. But if I had to be inside, I enjoyed making things - like Lego, knitting spools, and home-made playdough. What did you like to play with as a child?












A few weeks ago, we spotted a real 'big boy's toy' at London Bridge station...
2 comments:
I played with spiders and rubber seeds; also a couple of sticks tied into a cross as a doll to wear paper dresses I made. I played with fire a lot too, burning sticks between two bricks and cooking mud soup on it.
Mud soup... I made mud pies and witche's brews as you know!
Post a Comment