
Exciting... we've completed booking our tickets to New Zealand. We'll leave our London life for a while for the Land of the Long White Cloud in January 2010, with a short stopover in Melbourne to catch our breath before landing in Christchurch. We're hoping to both find jobs back home and enjoy the country, maybe explore more of the Southern Hemisphere for a year or so... I can't wait to see my family and show Dave the real NZ!
I think it will be an experience going back home after living in busy London. I'm looking forward to the quiet, the space, the beauty of the land, and the friendly people. It will also be fun to introduce Dave to green-lipped mussels, hokey pokey icecream, chips not crisps, fish and chips (it is different over here!), and all sorts of things. Some of my foodie finds in the UK have been special Marmite products, Tate & Lyle's Golden Syrup, and Sainsburys' Indian meals.
The weather is a bit touch-and-go at the moment, but I'm hoping to be outside this weekend, maybe go to the zany Village Fete at the V&A. Have a great weekend everyone!
3 comments:
ooooo we'll be quite close in 2010 then! I can't wait to catch up with you guys
Oh nooo, you're packing up! Sorry to see you go... maybe we could have a cuppa before you head off? xx
Absolutely Birdy! That would be awesome. Here for just a bit longer though. (-:
Post a Comment