Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Little Happinesses

Often it's the everyday things that give me a happy smile and a warmth in my heart.... summer flowers, finding unexpected artwork at London Zoo, a particular expert pancake maker, a visitor in the garden - he fell into my snail-trap (left-over beer in a jar) overnight and was released in the morning, and tending my tiny herb garden.



5 comments:

moondancer33 said...

Oh, I like the look of a smiley man in the kitchen :).

Your basil looks fresh and healthy.

charinthecity said...

We grew the basil from seed... very happy with it. Not to mention the smiley man!

Top bird said...

'Unexpected art at the zoo'? Well, I never. V. impressed with your basil efforts. I've got some veg seedlings planted and I'm growing parsley from seed. All very exciting. xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone is going to be very busy in the kitchen all summer long with those basil:))
There is a slight possibility that UJ and I will be in London in Sept. I'll let you know should that happen.

charinthecity said...

Aunt CY that's great - hopefully we'll meet up in London if you're here. It's likely I'll be here for most of September but I'll be traveling with a old time San Fran friend at the end of that month. (-: We have perpetual spinach, parsley and rocket in the garden patch too. Lots of greens!