Over the weekend, I had my one year anniversary of arriving in London. A year ago I stumbled off a plane at Heathrow after 29 hours of travel and happily was claimed at arrivals by my friend Clare who helped me ease into London life. It's been an incredible journey... I've been blessed to have been able to travel to places I've only dreamed of, and re-united and met up with friends whose company has made seeing these places so wonderful. Thank you!
Yesterday Dave took me gliding, my first flight. The experience possibly sums up my feelings - initially it's an anticipation of something exciting, with shaky hands and nerves. Suddenly, exhiliratingly you're airborne and floating and you can look out onto the landscape below and the sky all around and you're curious enough to try the controls. It's a fantastic experience to be given, and although I'm unlikely to become a glider pilot I'm proud that Dave's one.
We're planning out our next trip, driving to France to explore the Loire valley and my childhood dream of chateaus, then across the Alps to go the long way home through Switzerland, Austria and Germany.
3 comments:
WOW! Gliding! That's something you don't experience everyday! I would be terrified! More terrified of how to steer my way back down on the ground than anything else! You sure are a lucky girl to get to travel all over europe. That must be amazing!
Wow, it has been a year? That's fast.
Gliding would be amazing, lucky you :)
Miss you x
gliding! eeep! did you have to bring an extra pair of pants?!! hehe
oooo that road trip around france and alps sounds so romantic and cool!!
Post a Comment