Thursday, 11 June 2009

Blue Frog



I've been tinkering around with my paints at last. It's over a year since I've been able to paint anything so I decided to get re-acquainted with watercolours after trying to clean my oil palette and ending up with smeary yellow fingers. I'm still not quite used to using watercolour after using acrylics for so long. It's harder to stop colours from getting muddy and I know sometime I need to learn try using masking fluid to keep my whites white. It was a fun way to get back into some creativity. This is painted from Dave's pic of the blue frog at London Zoo.

On Monday, we went to Westminster and toured the House of Commons and the House of Lords. You go through an impressive security check, but it's worthwhile for the free look at how Britain is run and the impressive Houses of Parliament.

We're looking forward to going to Devon this weekend for a short break. Then only a little while to go before we head to France - yay!

2 comments:

bluerose said...

beautiful painting!! Gee, you're getting better than your Mum, not fair!! ;)

Such a blue frog, looks unreal.

pen said...

better takes those water colours to france!
expecting pictures on your return!