
Here's the city skyline from the coastal walkway.


I liked looking at the different things people had in their windows... Corrugated iron is a popular building material here. It's easy to maintain, insulate and I guess more earthquake-proof than bricks and mortar.

Frida Franka is an antique store with some interesting window displays.


Leifur Eiriksson, discoverer of Newfoundland. And an irresistible wall of Icelandic children. I like their different expressions, especially the little mischief-maker in the bottom right hand corner. I would have probably looked more like the little girl in the middle of the bottom row if I had been photographed for this wall as a child, I must admit!

A sweet little house in the back of a garden. And a hat I fell in love with in a shop window. Though I probably wouldn't be brave/quirky enough to wear it out, I think the Fair Isle-type and sequin detail at the base of the horns is awesome.

There was a shop that sold only fascinators.... and a wall that illustrates how to tie a Windsor knot.

Sweet Pen has both given us a plug and made me smile at work with her e-mail to me this morning... I love how her mind works!
Dear CharShe's roasting away in sunny Melbourne, so here's a little fellow in cooler waters Dave photographed at Reykjavik Zoo, just for her and Jethro. Pity, but I don't think Iceland Express have any of them on their employee register!fell off my chair laughing as I read about the plane delay.......... waiting for a seal -first thing that came to mind was a furry little critter sitting on snow.Sorry- pathetic but it made me laugh in this heat!px
3 comments:
that is a super cute hat! i dont think i'm confident enough to wear it either.
i love wall arts
I think you are going to regret not buying that hat!
too fabulous
I'm so looking forward to hopefully visiting Reykjavik this year. Sounds like you guys had an amazing time. Love your photos. xx
Post a Comment