
Hi from not-so-sunny Reykjavik! We are getting used to very short days - only about 4 hours of sunlight (reportedly) and the sun doesn't rise until about 10am. It's warmer here than expected, doing well at the moment being overprepared for freezing temperatures. Good to have things on hand though as Icelandic weather is very volatile. Unfortunately there's lots of cloud here at the moment, so we are waiting to confirm if we'll go out on the Northern Lights Excursion tonight. Bated breath! Dave and I had a birthday breakfast with some Icelandic treats - blueberry flavoured Skyr, a dairy product similar to thick yoghurt but is actually a soft cheese; Icelandic paprika cheese, some pastries called Gifler Canel and pear juice.

Here are a few interesting pictures from wandering around the city centre... (no this isn't a real horse).

Lovely faces of Icelandic children.
Love,
Char xxx
4 comments:
Is Iceland the hometown for Ikea?
an arian wall!
:)
Hello~! I've just been to the Icelandic Settlement Museum so I can tell you... IKEA is Swedish, and it is true that the Nordic people were idealised as Aryans but 62% of the Icelandic female population have Celtic blood as the Viking invaders married native women from the lands (including the Hebrides/Scotland) they explored and plundered!
yes I can hardly wait!!4 hours of daylight, does that mean you guys spend alot of your time in pubs?!
:)
Post a Comment