
Just a little piece of the V&A for you today...


Including Kylie Minogue`s dressing room from Wembley...

...The Cast Gallery, and more. Even the cafe was beautiful, housed in three rooms that were designed by reknowned artists Morris, Gamble and Poynter.

A bit of cheesecake for lunch while deciding what to see next. I like the sugar cubes.

Here is a beautiful spring day just outside St Paul`s Cathedral. I meant to go to see the Changing of the Guard, but accidentally went to South Kensington Station instead. I must have been thinking of going to the V&A museum unconsciously! It was fantastic, just amazing to see the extensive collection of decorative arts. Completely amazing, especially the newly reopened Jewellery gallery.

Here is a pull out from the Textile Library. If you can see down the row, there are about 70 frames, and this row is housed in a set of two, with at least 12 of these altogether! I looked at each of the frames in the first row, then got very selective as my right arm got sore from sliding frames carefully in and out. It is such an awesome resource of historical fabrics and embroideries.

Here is a beautiful spring day just outside St Paul`s Cathedral. I meant to go to see the Changing of the Guard, but accidentally went to South Kensington Station instead. I must have been thinking of going to the V&A museum unconsciously! It was fantastic, just amazing to see the extensive collection of decorative arts. Completely amazing, especially the newly reopened Jewellery gallery.

Here is a pull out from the Textile Library. If you can see down the row, there are about 70 frames, and this row is housed in a set of two, with at least 12 of these altogether! I looked at each of the frames in the first row, then got very selective as my right arm got sore from sliding frames carefully in and out. It is such an awesome resource of historical fabrics and embroideries.
Yes, it`s a little bit daunting after the first row.
1700s embroidered ladies with ample cleavage.
One of my favourite sections was one about set design and costumes. This is a costume design for Aladdin.


Miniature set designs.
Maria de Buenos Aires
A reproduction of a music room, in full scale.

This one is actually from the neighbouring Museum of Natural History. I think my family will appreciate why I took the photo! It was part of an exhibit called `Recycle the Rabbit` about decomposition.

The garden of the V&A. Look, blue sky!

I love Art Nouveau.


This one is actually from the neighbouring Museum of Natural History. I think my family will appreciate why I took the photo! It was part of an exhibit called `Recycle the Rabbit` about decomposition.

The garden of the V&A. Look, blue sky!

I love Art Nouveau.


More costume design.

The Dacre beasts. The original purpose of these carvings is unknown, but they are standard bearers.


Here I am trying on a crinoline and corset. I was encouraged to try and sit down in the hoop skirt...it`s impossible because the skirt bumps the chair out of the way.

Classic English Beatrix Potter.



I have a lot of photos (originally 103) but I think the post will grow too long, so I`ll leave them for later. I`ve really enjoyed my day exploring and getting lost in this museum! Credits to Clare for adjusting all my pictures with thanks.













7 comments:
Love the costumes!!!!! I want to wear a hoop skirt too! That is so neat.
Was there a line? oh man, I'm so going to that museum. Tapestry must have been wonderfully exquisite.
You are so enjoying yourself, oh man.
:)
I love your updates
No lines at all, I had the whole room to myself, hence the self portrait! Some parts of the museum were very quiet, not even another person in some galleries. There were some school and tour groups but they mainly stuck to the highlights like the Morris and jewellery galleries. I am spoilt because entry to most of the famous museums in London are free thanks to the celebration of the Queen`s Golden Jubilee in 2003.
Oh geez, that wabbit comes complete with peppies!
Hahaha yep! You got the joke!
and I should know well enough now to tell that that is not a meatball nor a meatloaf or a dutch but a poo-ing position!! You must have your GPS set on wabbits!
I gave my wabbit boy a comprehension work on wabbits. He's overjoyed and had to colour in the wabbit immediately! Hence the conversation centred on wabbits and he's curious to see where the burrow it dug leads to.
Well done, Mi ;)
That looks like so much fun!
Well done on the bonus points. I look for rabbits around the museums and the cities because it makes it feel more personal... often there is so much to see it`s overwhelming!
Post a Comment