Thursday, 15 November 2012

Kitchen Inspiration

After lots of looking in kitchen showrooms, Pinterest and brochures, this is still our favourite kitchen look - classic Shaker-style units in white with dark worktops and a kitchen island.

This pic is from Ikea, where we'll be getting our kitchen! Well, it's helpful to think big while looking out from my 1960s wooden avocado kitchen held together with duct tape to the foundations outside...

6 comments:

bluerose said...

A kitchen island is great, love it, but I personally prefer not to have a sink or cooktop on it. I visualize the top to be used for kneading bread or rolling out dough or decorating gingerbread people with the kiddies ;).

charinthecity said...

I'm not sure you'll like my kitchen, Mum. It's set up so that my sink is on the island, so I can look outside through the bifold doors into the garden. So, the kitchen isn't right by the window. But I think it will be right for me and Dave.

bluerose said...


as long as it's right for you and Dave, that's all that matters :).

Tiffany said...

we have our sink in our island as well with plenty of space on either side of it. are you getting stone benches? we made our pasta and some empanada dough on our stone benches and it is absolutely awesome for it!

charinthecity said...

We'd love to have stone work tops but with the size of our kitchen it isn't realistically in our budget. We'll have laminate instead.

charinthecity said...

We'd love to have stone work tops but with the size of our kitchen it isn't realistically in our budget. We'll have laminate instead.