You called me after midnight,
it must have been three years since we last spoke
I slowly tried to bring back
the image of your face from the memories so old
I tried so hard to follow,
but didn't catch a half of what had gone wrong,
said "I don't know what I can save you from"
I don't know what I can save you from
I asked you to come over,
and within half an hour,
you were at my door
I had never really known you,
but I realized that the one you were before,
had changed into somebody for whom
I wouldn't mind to put the kettle on
Still I don't know what I can save you from
I don't know what I can save you from

Yes, it's true... I used to be a Gap Girl in San Francisco! It was fun and memorable working there because it was their flagship store and I met lots of lovely people while I worked there. The reason why I've brought this all up is because I worked at Gap Embarcardero over the Christmas period 5 years ago (oh so long ago) and fell in love with a song on their seasonal soundtrack. I tried hard but was never able to find out the artist or the title.
I found the song tonight by good fortune! It's called 'I Don't Know What I Can Save You From' and it's by Kings of Convenience, a recent discovery I've been listening to. The song brings back lots of happy memories, and it's really made my day.

Here are my Kiwi buddies Marissa, Joel and Hilary. The lovely Hamiltonian Hilary is now living in Putney and I meet up with her every now and again in Earl's Court.

My girly gang in Santa Cruz (in winter!). Teresa, Francesca, Stella and Anna.

Yay, San Francisco days! A big shout out to Stella if she's out there. We used to talk about how we both wanted to explore Europe and agreed to save hard so we could meet up and travel around. Come over to London, girl. (-: I miss you.
3 comments:
5 years ago??!!
wow time flies.
and days before digital cameras were affordable!
Oh yeah! These pics were taken on my old-school film Olympus then scanned so I could put them online. Hard work.
WoW!
To think when I was there for the very first time....If you're going to San Francicso. be sure to wear a flower in your hair...was the asong back then!!
Post a Comment