
After breakfast on Boxing Day Dave, his parents and I went for a short walk in Little Missenden to do some activity and enjoy the blue skies. These are Dave's photos taken with his new camera.



We watched the kites soaring overhead.

Evidence of another famous British animal, though I didn't see one...these are molehills!
A beautiful church in Little Missenden.

A mural of St Christopher and St Catherine.



After the walk, we drove to Great Missenden to join Dave's childhood friend Chris and his family for Boxing Day lunch. We decided to take another walk after another big meal (roast duck, roast beef, veges and Yorkshire pudding, then pear and amaretto crumble with icecream). Chris took us up to the view over Great Missenden. It's pretty cold and the light is starting to fade here... it's not just the big meals, we are well bundled up, do believe me!

Here are Chris and his wife Sarah.

Plus Dave!

Finally here's one of us together. I'll be back to work tomorrow after a busy and blissful week off. I've had a wonderful first British Christmas with Dave's lovely family and friends. There've been lots of new experiences - seeing the robin and my first fox (!) and pheasant, seeing real misteltoe and cutting holly from the Common, Dave's Dad, Ken teaching me how to make tea; learning to play new board games and how to fly a model helicopter, learning about the Christmas cake tradition and that there's a layer of marzipan between the cake and the royal icing (NZ cakes just have the icing), being visited by Santa in the northern hemisphere, going to the West End to see Bill Bailey the comedian....just to name a few. They are memories I'll treasure.
xxx
3 comments:
Char, you two look lovely together! I am so happy for you:)It's extra nice that his parents and friends are wonderful,too:) I LOVE the small churches in the English countryside, the stucco walls etc. I was just reminding myself as we pass some enormous churches in town today how horrible and blah they look, no personalities at all.
Pretttty photos char! Dave has an eye for composition! I especially love the one for church one!!
Oh wow, I'm so envious of your robin sighting. Such a beautiful bird.
Your Christmas sounds just lovely - I love all the photos, especially the decorated village church.
xx
Post a Comment