Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Something Beautiful



Here is a beautiful slideshow by the lovely Annette of Maskworx (check out this site for some high quality affordable mask forms, they are a dream to work with) and Rosemask which features her own creations and stories of working with masks. I was very very lucky and honoured to have been her first maskmaker's apprentice in Dunedin when I was an undergraduate at Otago University. I had a privileged opportunity to work with Annette and learn about a wonderfully creative, fascinating and evolving art form. I have many happy memories of decadent creativity, learning, painting, drinking Lady Gray tea and sharing stories in the days of the Mask Studio up in Moray Place. Heaven.

These images just took my breath away! I love the soundtrack too... Also check out her second slideshow, see those kids' faces glow from behind the animal masks. Wow, Annette!! You have really found a way to foster creativity and joy in others through art.

No comments: