Yay! I checked my professional registration on the HPC website and it's finally done... I'm a registered physio in the UK! Thank you to everyone who helped me out with the paperwork in Taranaki. It took a long time (since August!) but it happened. The locum agency is bombarding me with details of jobs in London, Manchester and Australia maybe to entice me in case I've chickened out. Nice to know there are some cool jobs out there.
I am still waiting for my beloved passports, hoping everyday that the courier will come. My flight is now on the 17/05 but I'll still hold my breath until I see the visa. I can't call the High Commission, but apparently they're very busy this time of year. So I'll have to exercise extreme patience and think positive thoughts.
So... while I've been waiting, I've been pottering around the house. Random things: Elsa Mora's amazing creative blog, reading my Let's Go Europe Guide 2008 - do you know there are 300 bikes in Helsinki, Finland that you can borrow for free to ride around the city?, baking feijoa cake (very yummy but next time I will undercook it a wee bit), reading some Philippa Gregory books, discovering the mnemonic for the fates Henry VIII's wives - divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived; and harvesting the garden crop of crabapples, Granny Smiths and feijoas. I think I may also have too many pairs of gloves now. Time to stop knitting?
4 comments:
TOOO funny!
we're on such the same wavelength!
i'm reading the six wives of king henry viii!
alas i am not as prolific on the fingerless glove front anymore but after the shift, i will get back into it.
i am staying with the parents till i move to aussie or else where i guess. saving money is good.
and guess should get in the parents time before i move for good.
omg feijoa cake sounds good but we dont have affordable feijoas here.
aw Wish I could try the feijoa cake!
miss you
<3
Neese, I froze some feijoa and Mm has the recipe written down - so you can have a go at the cake next holidays!
Tiff - parents time is good. Hopefully mine is mutually. (-:
Oh congrats on being able to work in the UK! How exciting! Good luck! I hope you get your visa in time.
Post a Comment