Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Thirsty




I am NBM (nil by mouth) waiting for my appointment to get my wisdom teeth out today. I am an eensy bit worried... many more people have bad wisdom teeth stories than difficult labour stories, it seems... but mostly relieved to be getting it over and done with!

To give myself some perspective and incentive, I bought my ticket yesterday. So, so far the plan is leave Chch via Sydney and Dubai on the 20th March. I may become a bit unstuck if my working visa application doesn't go through by then, but luckily I get date changes free of charge on my 'blue ticket'. It was fun booking the ticket through STA at the uni campus because the person who served me got genuinely excited about my OE. I'd interrupted her lunch, but she was full of helpful information. She is very enthusiastic about having a window seat flying out of Dubai, apparently it's amazing.

I have the rest of the week at home to recover, then hopefully back on the job next week to see my student through her exam on Monday. It's been a learning curve for me to teach a 4th year student, more fun than I thought it would be though! We have had a few interesting patients, including 5 amputees at one stage and a 92 year old NZ house-hold name. 3 more weeks from Monday to go at the hospital, including Easter.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ooooo dubai! wow i'm so excited about your upcoming adventures!!!!!
hows the healing process coming along?

charinthecity said...

Great thanks! As long as I remember to take my painkillers, I've been OK so far. Dubai is just a transit stop, but I'm excited anyway. Not quite adventurous enough to do any stopovers on my own yet in case I don't get to London.