Sunday, 23 March 2008

Happy Easter







I went on a 'library binge' and picked up a honey of a book. It's called 'I Love Pictures',about the photography of Tim Walker. He does very whimsical, exotic fashion shoots which are often featured in Vogue. They're just so much fun, and very Lewis Carroll. He often features the model Lily Cole, who I think does some interesting work.



I have been busy with the knitting needles. Supposedly, I'm using up my leftover bits and pieces, but making things is a bit of an addiction! So I have 2 more scarves and a new belt, and tired but flexy fingers. I would love to have a store or gallery of some sorts one day (it's fun to have your work in other people's shops but I guess it is about creating a space of your own), but I don't think it's practical at the moment while I'm on the move and I don't know where I'll end up yet. It's something to keep on the dream list.

Melbourne is again on the cards for April 5th. (Yay Mel!) I'll miss the new daylight saving switch which now will happen on April 6th! Keeping on the whimsical note, here's the lovely Visit Melbourne ad which happens to be one of my favourites. The Joana Newsom song, the Sprout and the Bean, sticks in my mind all the time. I would like to visit Gertrude St again - there are some interesting shops and galleries there. Also a must is Klein's on Brunswick. I had a fab time there last time testing out the Demeter scent library. Don't think I'll try 'Dirt' or 'Funeral Home' again, once is enough. I couldn't get enough of the ones called 'Wet Garden' and 'Thunderstorm'. I hope I might make it to the Rose St Market,and maybe get to cook some food from the Queen Victoria Market too.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

ooo i love love your belt, it is very autumn esque!!! very cute! see i've never tried knitting formerly, only as a teenager and back then i had neither the patience nor co ordination to make it work!!
i must try to pick it up one day. i am nearly finished with the baby cardigan thank goodness. will post a pic up. want to do a pair of fingerless gloves next for driving in the mornings.