Sunday, 16 March 2008

More Travel Plans



Here's a funny poster we found at the mall... I think this must be true for many women?

I have a return ticket to Melbourne for the middle week before I'm planned to head to the UK. My flight to London will perhaps have to be put back 2 weeks as I'm waiting for a few more important bits and pieces to go through, but I am waiting to see what happens in the meantime as things might pull through in time. Mel is heading to Melbourne to retrieve some of her things from when she lived there, so she asked me along. I thought it was too fun an offer to resist, though I have been careful with my OE travel funds. Places can be so different with a local friend.

I haven't been and seen The Other Boleyn Girl yet, as I ended up going to the Art Gallery to see the Morris & Co. exhibition instead. Lots and lots of ornate textiles including embroidery, carpet, curtains and even a quaint 'gardening dress'. This is a curtain material called 'Evenlode'. Most of this collection comes from one Adelaide family who commissioned Morris & Co. to furnish 7 of their houses. And no, apparently they didn't believe in feature walls back then, so imagine!


8 more working days to go, and Easter is next week. 4 months seems to have passed by quickly. Although this has been one of the tougher rotations of my career so far... I've just gotten used to juggling around working closely with so many people including student, new graduates, assistants, and orderlies, not to mention my 25 bed ward. It's been a good learning curve.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

hey char
have you ever been on etsy.com?
you'll get addicted and never want to shop in retail stores again!!!
you should check it out, tell ruey as well, you guys can set up shop there!!!
have thought of selling something on that website.
its like a trademe without the auction and ONLY handmade artsy things.
:)

charinthecity said...

Thanks for the tip, tiff. I have seen some etsy shops before, you're right about the addictive thing! It makes me itch to make things. Would love to have some stuff on it when I have a permanent abode.