This is the wonderful list that Dave made for me when we had just met. I thought it was immensely sweet that he wanted to share all these places where he'd been and enjoyed with me! Since then, we've explored quite a few together and I had some fun highlighting where we've been in blue. Seems like we need to see more of Cornwall, Scotland and Wales? I did make a similar NZ list for Dave and happily I can say we polished off that list this year!
Things not to miss, UK:
Wildlife
Bluebells in spring/Autumn leaf fall/Puffin colonies/Badger set/Foxes/Deer/Robin
Things not to miss, UK:
Wildlife
Bluebells in spring/Autumn leaf fall/Puffin colonies/Badger set/Foxes/Deer/Robin
Stately home gardens
Chatsworth/Cliveden
Chatsworth/Cliveden
Castles
Leeds/Warwick/Windsor/Canaervon
Stonehenge, Avebury
Cornwall
Land's End/Penzance/St Michael's Mount/St Ives/coast path/Lizard lighthouse/Eden Project
Land's End/Penzance/St Michael's Mount/St Ives/coast path/Lizard lighthouse/Eden Project
Scotland
Aviemore/Cairngorms/Ben Nevis/Edinburgh/Glasgow - Charles Rennie MacKintosh architecture/Perth/Aberfeldy/Loch Ness
Aviemore/Cairngorms/Ben Nevis/Edinburgh/Glasgow - Charles Rennie MacKintosh architecture/Perth/Aberfeldy/Loch Ness
Wales
Snowdon/Canaervon/Cardiff/Gower peninsula/Pembrokeshire/Skomer Island/Brecon Beacons
Big Pit, Crickhowell (Mining Pit Museum!)/Cream Tea
Snowdon/Canaervon/Cardiff/Gower peninsula/Pembrokeshire/Skomer Island/Brecon Beacons
Big Pit, Crickhowell (Mining Pit Museum!)/Cream Tea
London
Tower of London/Regents Park/Primrose Hill/Richmond Park/Hampstead Heath/Primrose Hill
Open Air Theatre (Regents Park)/Globe Theatre/West End Musicals/Putney!/Wimbledon/Epsom Downs/Battersea power station/Battersea Dogs' Home/Walpole Park wildlife reserve/Wembley Stadium/Tate Modern/South Bank/National Gallery/National Portrait Gallery/Vinopolis/Trafalgar Square/Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Canary Wharf/Greenwich/Millenium eye/Walk along Little Venice/Millenium dome/O2 arena/HMS Belfast/(Cutty Sark)/London Zoo/Whipsnade Zoo/London Aquarium/Markets/See the Royal Ballet
Dover/York/Canterbury/Henley/Marlow/Windsor/Eton College/Bath/Oxford/Cambridge
Colleges - Kings, Trinity, St Johns, Clare/Punting/Hastings/Brighton/Portsmouth/Birmingham - Selfridges store
Devon
Sidmouth/Plymouth/Lulworth Cove/Woolacombe/Exmoor/Dartmoor/Beachy Head/Seven Sisters
Lake district
Skiddaw/Derwent water/Windermere/Norfolk Broads
Peak District
Dovedale/Bakewell/Lady Bower Reservoir
New Forest/Yorkshire Dales
No comments:
Post a Comment