Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Comfort from the Cold



Brrrrr!! It's been chilly these past few days with the mean temperature hovering around freezing here in London. Dave and I escaped the worst of the cold, with no snow days at all. We were a little disappointed to miss out on the snow but really it's better to have business as usual and go to work and be productive... This is a pic Dave took on his way to the Harefield practice.



Iced branches.



My Aunty CY and Uncle Jack were visiting London from Portland, Oregon and braved it out to see us in Greenford. They had some trouble with getting in to London due to the snowy conditions, then had a problem with getting a puncture fixed on their rental car. We went to the Royal Standard, our go-to oldest pub in Britain, for some comfort food. I'm glad I got to help my aunt fulfil her Dickensian dream!



The table opposite us had this scythe hanging above it... glad I wasn't sitting underneath!



We had a friendly festive fellow looking over us instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did good! I have a Charles Dickens Christmas Village collection and you helped made it come true for me to step into a real Dickensesque house and at Christmas time,too!!