Thursday, 23 September 2010

Old Gorhambury House



I am a wonderfully lucky girl to have Dave as my driving instructor. He is very patient and we get to sweeten the deal by going to fun places. I'm learning how to drive in Britain, although I have a full NZ licence (recently swapped for a British one!) the road and traffic conditions are different here, and worth getting to grips with. We had fun driving to St Albans in my new little Yaris. We parked up next to the Roman ruins and walked 2 miles up to the remains of a mansion built in 1563-8 for Nicolas Bacon, Queen Elizabeth's Lord Keeper.



The house is now just a folly, seen from the new Gorhambury house. It was a fun walk, seeing grouse running out from the bushes and getting caught in the rain! Nothing like cosying up under one umbrella and laughing while avoiding the puddles...



No comments: