We set out with determination and a borrowed spade, and were greeted by a fantastic sunset. It wasn't as easy as it sounds to find our own spa pool - the right spot is only accessible around low-tide and quite tricky to find. Dave's sensitive feet found a slightly warmer patch of sand as he walked along the beach. The slight smell of sulphur was also a give away, from the escaping hydrogen sulphide.
He got to work with the spade, working very hard to get the pool nice and deep. It was difficult, as the sand constantly tries to fall inwards at the edges. But Dave managed to build a magnificent pool to relax in.
As the sun went down and we enjoyed the warm water, the stars slowly come out, soon the entire milky way was visible... the clearest I've ever seen them.
Stars reflecting in the water...
Dave asked me if I would marry him...
... and I said 'Yes'!
7 comments:
that's how he proposed! how sweet!
your own little spa pool!!!!
hopefully you guys will still be in chc when i visit for the shortest of all weekends in may?
early may.
were you surprised?!
did you cry?!
Yes, I think we'll still be in Christchurch. Would be great to see you! As for the questions... yes and no to surprised
didn't cry but lots of smiles and laughs together (-:
AHHHHH congrats! So exciting! I'm so happy for you both!
Thanks Val!
Awww...so that's how he proposed! that's original!...and very romantic <3 Again congrats to both of you!!
Thanks Clare!
I stumbled onto this after I visited your website and only knew of how Dave proposed. Somehow, I am not surprised. Very original, very Dave ~ sweet and sensitive:)
Have I told you I am very happy for you two?
Post a Comment