Monday, 23 November 2009

Crutches

I can't take pictures of my patients for privacy reasons, but recently hearing that my Mum's on crutches for a while (the old axillary kind that go under your arms, until she can do a swap) made me think of some of the inspiring people I've had the privilege to treat. They're just ordinary people who've been unfortunate in the respect that they're less mobile, but they work hard to get around and live their everyday lives. Bill Shannon isn't one of my patients, but I think his crutch technique is pretty unique. Get well soon, Mum. Don't copy his method of doing the stairs though!

3 comments:

bluerose said...

Thank you, Moi. Bet I can do better than him (yeah, right!). I hope to swap them this Friday when I go to the orthopedic. Otherwise, Brett's mum will let me have hers. Aren't I lucky :).

bluerose said...

got the new crutches. .. they're certainly much better!!

charinthecity said...

yay, go Mum!