Sunday, 9 November 2008

Near and Deer to Us


The Autumn weather in London has been a bit temperamental this weekend but Dave and I still managed to fit in a beautiful seasonal walk in Richmond park today after a brief trip out to Greater London to attend to some emergency vet cases.


Dave spotted the deer hiding in the grasses and we crept up to practice a few wildlife photography skills, albeit with my basic point & shoot camera! These are red deer, who are resident in the park.


Magnificent antlers.


...Here I am in my warm weather gear. We retreated from the onslaught of lousy rain and cold temperatures to South Kensington to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards at the Natural History Museum. Thanks to Dave's Mum for tickets that gave us the VIP treatment and a quick swoosh through the velvet rope!


There were plenty of stunning entries this year, with some notable favourites - this one is amazing, almost monochrome in its simplicity but still a touching photograph (there are tiny baby ostriches trekking up the sand-dune!).
Here's one for my family... the Bears. It was taken by a 11-15yr old contestant. Wonder what his mother said?

And we'll leave you here with one we couldn't resist. It's called 'Troublemaker'. Have a great week ahead and I'll see you soon with some pictures from Scandinavia! Much love. xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics of the animals. Oh,That's right! You're off to Denmark! Safe and wonderful trip!!

moondancer33 said...

That's a beautiful photo of you! Credits to the photographer.

Love that Troublemaker. I know exactly who he is, lol!

Top bird said...

Amazing pics of deer! Now I'm going to have to check them out. xx

Tiffany said...

will you come back to London with a gorgeous sweater?
can't wait to see the pics and details!