Sunday, 30 March 2014

Crafty Sunday


Gosh, it's been a long time since our last post.  We've been busy bees!  There are a lot of photos that we've neglected to put up.  This weekend, Clare and Joel came to stay with us and while the boys were watching the Grand Prix and going for a local walk, Clare and I had some fun messing about with her new hobby.  She recently started making resin jewellery, which is a lot of fun.  We enjoyed playing around with different materials and layering.

I made two settings for the rings on either side and a brooch for a bag, while Clare made the bag charm with the butterfly.  Thanks Clare for a fun morning learning a new craft and helping me get back to creative pursuits. xxx

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh a new craft! cool! how long does resin take to dry?
i'm thinking my next craft project will include a power drill and some leather!

charinthecity said...

Hi Tiff, I used UV resin and Clare's UV oven which sets the resin 2 minutes. In Aus I reckon you could get the resin to dry pretty quickly, if you leave it out in the British sunshine it sets in 15min. So much fun, have a go!