Sunday, 10 February 2013

Knitting Cables

I love a pattern that starts with the interesting parts first! I just finished the first panel for the right front yesterday, armchair travelling by watching Monty Don's French Gardens on a rainy, sleety day. There are two 28" panels of cabling for the right and left fronts, then two rectangles for the sleeves and another for the back. I also looked up how to cable without a cable needle on Youtube. Although I can handle the technique, I think I prefer the security of having a cable needle.

The photo below isn't very representative of the colour, it's actually a dark grey Charcoal in Rowan Aran Pure Wool.  It's hard to get good lighting indoors as the builders haven't knocked through the exterior wall yet - the window open out into more house or are now blocked up!  The stray bits of coloured wool on either side of the panel are markers for constructing the cardigan later.

While I knit, Dave's doing his own cable work, laying the cables for our network through the new parts of our house.



2 comments:

bluerose said...

oh my, I'm very impressed!! :))

Tiffany said...

That is awesome char.
very impressive indeed. have bookmarked brooklyn tweed already!