I have always admired intricate cable-knitted garments and they are my favourite hand knitting challenge. Unfortunately, the ready-made garments are usually out of my price comfort zone, like this lovely All Saints jersey, or made of acrylic or acrylic blend which looks good for maybe one season.
I was really delighted to discover Brooklyn Tweed via Design Sponge. Not only are there lots and lots of gorgeous cable patterns to download as PDFs, they look modern and fresh too. I finally found the project inspirational enough to take me beyond accessories and baby knits - the Stranger Cardigan. I love the design as it's cleverly made up of 5 rectangles (no shaping), and you can even wear it upside down. Here's hoping I pull it off as it's a piece I know I'd love to wear.


1 comment:
Oh, do post your work progress as you knit please :).
Post a Comment