Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Simple Pleasures



It's all about simple pleasures and nesting for me, at the moment. This is my favourite corner of the flat... the kitchen window. It has a great view for doing the washing up and my own miniature garden. The terrarium was a bit of chemistry kit, once re-used as a home for a land snail Dave kept under his bed at university! I made the terrarium with moss from the family garden after reading this tutorial. Dave's Mum gave us this lovely amaryllis bulb for a housewarming gift, and I'm now a huge fan. There are now two giant cheerful stripey flowers, so big that I needed to do some structural engineering with some chopsticks. We are really enjoying being in our own little home.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

how wonderful!!
we need more plants at our apartment. that is our next thing we want to do!! cute cute!!