Here's a great video from Youtube that shows off some of Taranaki's (and New Zealand's) best features. When I'm asked what I miss about home, apart from family I usually say something about the sense of space, the landscape and the friendliness of people in NZ.
When I left home last May I couldn't have imaginged how this whole experience of living in London and traveling in the Northern Hemisphere would have been, it's been a big adventure.
Dave and I will touch down in Christchurch on January 19th, not so long to go now... We've been sifting through paperwork, and I'll begin my last job in the UK before coming home on Monday. Both of us are hoping to find jobs where we can be close to home and each other, so that we can enjoy some of the NZ lifestyle. Dave's hoping to do some local gliding too. I won't be taking him for granted - it's a scary, exhilirating thing to do to go to another country to live and work - I'm ecstatic he's coming with me.
Oh...
We'll have been together for a year, next week!
1 comment:
ah, the sense of space in NZ, there is nothing like it. I tried to bring that Kiwi friendliness, wanting to say g'day or hello to fellow evening strollers when I was in M'sia but was unsuccessful.
Dave will be in good hands and he's a big boy :). We look forward to having you both home.
Post a Comment