Sunday, 25 October 2009

Autumn Days in London



Lovely weather in London this weekend... Chris and Sophie came down to stay so we had the perfect excuse to have a walk around Richmond park, where the red deer were strutting their stuff.







Lots of fallow deer live in the park too, not quite so imposing:



Chris and Sophie in the park.






Unfortunately the park isn't quite as peaceful as it seems - too many of these giant critters flying over head on approach into Heathrow:



We then headed into town to have some yummy dim sum and a wander around Trafalgar Square and South Bank.









Last night we went out for drinks at the 'Tattershall Castle' (the paddle-steamer in the foreground), quite a unique place to spend an evening and definitely recommended!

6 comments:

linnykins said...

Hi Dave!

Wow. I love the last three photos. It looks amazing.

See you in January! You get to meet the scary family, hahaha :D

bluerose said...

What scary family Linnykins!! speak for yourself; the rest of us do not have three eyes or fangs. We don't make potions either. LOL.

charinthecity said...

Well, we three girls used to make potions... in the treehouse, remember? I have gotten quite rusty though, might only be able to manage mud pies now! ha ha.

Top bird said...

Gorgeous photos, I really *must* get myself to Richmond Park this autumn.

Hey, are you heading off back to NZ soon?

Noooo! xx

Top bird said...

Sounds like a great plan, totally know what you mean about making the most of things in the UK while you're young! NZ in Jan will be lovely, though. XX

DaveEvans said...

Hi Linnykins,

Look forward to meeting you all this Jan. I'm sure I could rustle up a potion or too still... My old chmemistry set was great for that when I was little!