Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Finished rooms at last!

You may have assumed the extension and renovation project was long finished... Not so! Sadly our builder has really let us down and doesn't seem to be coming back. Very frustrating. There wasn't a lot left over, mainly the 'second fix' which involves doors, skirting etc, and I was always planning on decorating myself.

So I have been busy getting things sorted myself, unfortunately only having time at evenings/weekends to keep it moving. Finally we are getting to finish some rooms, and have something to show off about at last!

So here are some of the rooms as they now stand. A few final touches are still waiting, but we are 90% there.

Kitchen/dining room:







Master bedroom:

Living room:


Utility room:

Downstairs WC:

More photos to follow shortly, as more rooms get finished!

4 comments:

bluerose said...

Wow!! Looking good, like a showhome!! Well done, you two.

Is that Char's Norwegian pewter plate over the door? and I see a tiki on the wall. Love the bright orange pumpkins... are they from your garden?

charinthecity said...

Yep, my Norwegian plate and tiki have found permanent homes. And yes, the pumpkins are our harvest from this Autumn. Our house is looking homelier and homelier.

Tiffany said...

Beautiful Char!!!! You guys have done soo much , it looks so wonderful.
i love the orchids hanging out by the laundry room. They love that light!
You have a huge huge kitchen/dining area, what a great place to entertain. Lots of storage for that house!
Reliable builders eh. tsk tsk tsk

Anonymous said...

Wow! I ahve not visited your blog for quite a while and look how much your house has changed! So nice, clean and calming, I like!!