Friday, 13 September 2013

Meanwhile, back in the UK...


Dave sent me a photo of our pumpkin harvest this morning.  The courgette to the left is enormous!  I had a lovely time walking around the neighbourhood enjoying the sunshine.  There were lots of orange road cones on the footpaths as workmen repaired damaged roads.  Living in a different country to the one where you were raised is both a blessing and a curse; today I have both a sense of homesickness for my boy, my home, friends and family in the UK ...while also rejoicing in being home with my family and spending time with friends here.

I'm still not used to how friendly NZers are and how easily a conversation is struck up with strangers.  On the plane, I was a bit affronted at first before remembering 'Oh, this is normal'.  I'm envious of the promising Kiwi summer ahead as I'll go back to Autumn in the UK and another 6 months of Winter.

We're lucky we'll have a warm house with a woodburner this year.

No comments: