Monday, 13 May 2013

Springtime


It's Spring at last in Britain, on fast-forward.  It seemed like it was just a few weeks ago there were daffodils, and now it's bluebell season in the woods.  We ventured down to Cowleaze Wood not far away from the village where I work, for brisk walk in the blue carpeted woods and got caught in some dramatic weather.

The good news is that we're heading back to New Zealand in late August, early September. I'll be in for another dose of Spring, my favourite season.  Very exciting to think of seeing my family again!  The house is coming on well, and I'm enjoying the delights of our new kitchen.  We're not quite finished yet, but the sink, oven, hob, and dishwasher are all useable now.  Dave is working on our ensuite bathroom, which is a dream.  Hopefully pictures soon as we finish up.  I have to say I have an amazing husband who has learnt some impressive DIY skills.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

very impressive dave!
can't wait to see the photos and yay for going back to nz for a visit.
that' can't be bad, spring, summer, spring!
:)