Friday, 7 October 2011

Indian Summer



Last weekend, there was an unusual heatwave that made us head out and about to meet our friends. It started off on Saturday, visiting Ottolenghi and using some of our gift voucher from Annette and Flavia to buy a scrumptious morning tea... what a great wedding pressie!

We both had greedy eyes looking around the shop, decisions, decisions.





In the end, the lure of trying fresh figs for the first time made me choose this decadent cake.



Dave went for the cupcake!



Back at home, I was inspired to try an Ottolenghi recipe. This is a Sephardic stew called Sofrito. Using 25 cloves of garlic is not a misprint. My photo is a bit grainy taken under the range hood, but it was tasty! I'll be looking out for more Ottolenghi recipes to try soon.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

i've made one of his recipes, it was really yummy! have you thought of getting PLENTY?

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Looks delish, Char!
I have never heard of this person, will have to check it out. Our Indian summer is long gone, so now may be a good time to try this stew!

charinthecity said...

I am a dedicated omnivore so I think I'll try the first Ottolenghi book before getting the vege one. Is it good?