Dave and I unfortunately had a terrible journey to Krabi, being delayed by more than a day due to a missed connection. We were unaware that we'd been sold flights with an extremely tight connection in Doha by Qatar Airways... and we missed our flight onwards to Kuala Lumpur by 3 minutes. This had the 'domino effect' of delaying us almost 48 hours due to having to wait for countless airline staff to assist us from everything from re-arranging our flights and accommodation to locating our baggage (which were left in Doha by Qatar while we had travelled to KL). I could go on, it was a very anxious, exhausting and stressful time for us when we should have been relaxing... but here are the positive bits of our transit!
In short, my very first stay in an Arab country (although only a few short hours from midnight to 5.30am) and some new stamps in my passport. I didn't get to do any touristy things but managed to find these interesting figurines in the hotel giftshop. They represent very well the style of everyday dress of the men and women in Qatar.
I caught some glimpses of Doha while heading back to the airport. Looks like a fascinating place, I just wouldn't want to fly their national airline again.




Bye for now, Qatar.
No comments:
Post a Comment