Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Patience



Sorry that this blog has been a bit neglected lately... we are waiting to move to our new flat in a few weeks time. The official date for getting the keys is the 23rd of February! We've been busy in the meantime. Our honeymoon accommodation has been booked, we are going to Krabi in Thailand to stay at Peace Laguna Resort. There's currently a fabulous deal to upgrade your room, and add on more nights to your stay. The idea of staying at a resort instead of our usual cheap and cheerful hotels is to recover and relax from wedding things and then go back to our usual turbo-speed exploration mode and travel around Vietnam for a while before catching up with my immediate and extended family in Malaysia.

I'm starting to pick up a few new skills, there are parts of the wedding that will be DIY. One that I'm hoping to pull off is the flowers and I've had a bit of opportunity to practice. There's a lot of videos out there, especially the hand-tied bouquet style I favour. Another one that's been fun (as well as a learning curve) is making sugar roses for the cake. These can be made well ahead of time if you store them in a dry, airtight container. They are edible, but definitely look better than they taste as gum paste isn't the most appetising thing to eat! The next project on my list is making some giant paper flowers for the arbour for the ceremony. I do miss my crafty Mum and sisters when I'm doing these projects, I'll be glad to see them again in June. Now to do battle with the hot glue gun...

3 comments:

bluerose said...

...and your mum and sisters miss being a part of preparing for your big day. Your Mum is quite an expert at making roses, be it with sugar or paper, even if she says so herself, lol. After all these, you might become such an expert at planning a wedding.

angsana said...

The resort looks so welcoming and peaceful which I am sure will be a gem and a delight to look forward to after the wedding.
Good pick!

Tiffany said...

what a nice looking resort. i'd look forward to the honeymoon than the big day!